Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back to my Roots

This was our last little vacation before School Started.  I really needed to get away from my everyday activities, running kids to dance, gym, piano and friends.  So I decided to drop the girls classes for the rest of the summer.  I told lason "I am leaving and I will see you in a couple of weeks!"  Lason thought that was pretty funny. He told me " I will see you in a week!"  Too lasons surprise we were gone the whole two weeks, and we had a blast.
  We spent the two weeks in Kanab.  Grandpa Judd took the girls to the creek on the quad.  He helped them catch baby frogs to bring back to the house. The Girls learned about gardens, they thought it was pretty cool to help Grandpa pick all the yummy veggies for Grandma.  Grandma made us  a spaghetti dinner using the zucchini from her garden, "it was so yummy !"  
 Kanab just got a new pool, I was surprised how nice it was. The girls loved going swimming there. They also went to the Gym to work out.  Grandma Judd taught Zumba the girls really enjoyed it!  While we were there we got to watch the 24Th of July parade . The girls liked the bagpipes , and all of the candy. It was fun to see some old friends from High school there. 
 OK!  I Know this may sound kind of Funny," I  really miss the pink dirt! " Kanab is such a beautiful town.  I had to take the girls for a hike, and show them some places I went to when  I was younger.
 This is a Sand cave a couple of miles from my parents home. The girls wanted to see the cave that had a toilet in it.                          
This is the toilet rock


Halle was quite the climber ! She was so fearless. Audra was  really scared , and not quite sure of herself.  I was so  proud of her for finishing the hike .  It was slippery climbing up the sand stone!
We took a trip to St George .  I took the girls to the temple grounds, they got to see my cousin  Breck with his new bride.  She looked so beautiful!  It was great to visit with all the family.    (Audra and Halle  at the St George temple)
Hanging with grandpa camp
 We were really excited to find out that some of our friends from Carlsbad moved to St George.We spent a day visiting with the Hall family. It was so great to see them, it has been almost two years.        (Jason,Logan, Audra, Ashley, and Halle)


















No comments: